Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Yoga Journey




Hey there! So, I was bored the other day and started looking through all of my photos, when I came across my collection of Yoga pictures! Man did it make me miss Yoga like CRAZY!!! And it made me want to make a post of some of my favorite yoga pics! 


MY YOGA JOURNEY:

I started practicing yoga on my own in March 2013 when I was inspired by a few ladies that I found on Instagram, 
laurasykora and nayitavp  through them and many other Instagram yogis, I started teaching myself by finding new poses to learn through the Yoga Instagram community and online, and participating in challenges that many wonderful Yogis put on monthly. It was my favorite new hobby of choice, it helped me grow and learn about myself in so many ways, helped me make new friends,  and not to mention I truly feel like it transformed my body! I would definitely recommend trying Yoga to anyone out there who is wanting to start a new hobby, find out more about themselves, or find a fun new way of working out! To me one of the best things about Yoga is that your practice is 100% your own, you don't have to be perfect you just have to try. 

Since I got pregnant in July last year I haven't been able to practice much yoga at all -- due to the fact that I could barely leave the couch if it wasn't to throw up, for close to 5 months straight! And now that i'm finally feeling better (or having better days at least) and all the holidays and moving stresses are over, I'm finding my pregnant belly gets in the way of much of what I can practice! So for now I've taken to walking/slow jogging on a treadmill a few times a week and doing what stretches and sequences I can manage with my foreign pregnant body!

I miss Yoga SO MUCH and can't wait to start it up again once my little guy is born! 

*stay tuned: more to come about why I love Yoga in my next post!*

Here are a few of some of my favorite poses or pictures I took while practicing Yoga...





Scorpion Pose or Vrischikasana in Central Park ^


Side Crow or Parsva Bakasana (Central Park) ^


Crow Pose or Bakasana (Central Park) ^
*This picture picture has a good story behind it, you cant really tell but this was up on about a 5 ft. ledge that was maybe the width of my hand, AND it was raining that day so the ledge was super slippery! While trying to get into this pose there were probably 10-12 tourists watching me, i'm sure just waiting for me to fall on my face! But I didn't! And even though I only held it for maybe 3 seconds before getting out of it I was proud I did it...and glad my face wasn't smashed :) 



Side Crow extended variation (Parsva Bakasana) ^



King Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana) ^


Fallen Angel Pose (Devaduuta Panna Asana) ^
  
Backbend 

 Wheel Pose (Dhanurasana) ^

Flying Lizard Pose (Uttana Prasithasana) ^


 Firefly pose (Tittibhasana) ^

Dancers Pose (Natarajasana) ^


*Bonus* When you can rope your hubby into doing some Acro Yoga with you! Something fun for you to do together and a real bonding experience! :)







.xoxo.
.namaste.
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment